Some of the key guidelines we have implemented:
- All employees to work from home whenever possible
- Encourage all meetings to be carried out virtually via Teams conferencing only
- Avoid non-essential official travel
- Discourage visitors in office complex
- Advise employees who are at higher risk like older employees, pregnant employees, employees with health issues etc. to take extra precautions
- Introduced Virtual On-boarding & Employee Orientation process, virtual exit management process, virtual team building activities, virtual trainings, etc.
- Installation of hand sanitizer in all prominent locations/floors. Mandatory use of hand sanitizers at the entry.
- Self-declaration of health condition before entering office premises
- Follow social distancing norms within office.
- Proper cleaning and frequent sanitization of workplace and frequently touched surfaces.
- Guidelines on employee safety published which included employee with any symptoms to avoid coming to office.
- Self-monitoring by employees and inform employers if feeling unwell
We are continually monitoring the COVID-19 crisis and update our employees on the regulations within each office location on a regular basis.
We recognize that environmental responsibility and transparency is integral to producing world-class products. That’s why our suppliers must obtain all required environmental permits for their operations. At Sonim, we also disclose our environmental data via CDP annually. The CDP report from 2020 is available here.
Additionally, our suppliers must adhere to recognized standards such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), Social Accountability International (SAI) and the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI). Materials incorporated into our products are procured in accordance with all applicable laws in the countries they do business in, including paying strict attention to laws regarding laws on slavery and human trafficking.
At Sonim, we also offer a recycling program for all of our customers where they can recycle their retired mobile devices at no charge.
Click here to view our recycle program.
Sonim also communicates to our target customers the eco-friendly value of our rugged mobile devices, including that they are designed to last 3-5 years (or longer), that they have replaceable batteries (so that users don’t have to replace the complete device when battery dies), and that we use standard connectors so that customers can reuse accessories across our devices as well as third-party devices. These features and capabilities provide a lower cost of ownership to our customers and reduce waste from their mobile device investment.
We offer a 24-hour global hotline to support any customer service issues. Customers can contact us for service at 1-833-MY-SONIM (1-833-697-6646).
Our rugged device products meet ROHS, REACH,WEEE and CP65 environment compliance, and meet energy efficient compliance/Certificates such as Nrcan , CEC and DOE.