Sonim Launches XP3 Flip Phone on AT&T Network and FirstNet Communications Platform
Ultra-rugged Feature Phone Provides Simple, Fast and Reliable Communications to Industrial, Enterprise, SMB and Public Safety Field Workers
SAN MATEO, Calif., April 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Sonim Technologies, a leading U.S. provider of ultra-rugged mobility solutions designed specifically for public safety and task workers physically engaged in their work environments, today announced the launch of the Sonim XP3 on the AT&T network and FirstNet communications platform.
Those who protect, provide and serve need simple, fast and reliable communication. The Sonim XP3 is an ultra-rugged flip phone built to communicate, and thrive, in extreme conditions. It’s as tough as it is convenient, with purpose-built features like a dedicated Push-to-Talk (PTT) button that users can depend on to ensure clear communication regardless of the work environment. Any worker in need of voice-centric communications can benefit from the XP3 as it is interoperable with field radios (LMRs) through AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk (EPTT), as well as smartphones, making it easy and efficient to stay connected with field workers. As an added benefit for industries requiring high security such as DOD, manufacturing and energy, an optional variant of the XP3 is also available without a camera.
“Demand for flip phones remains strong, especially among those in the field who need voice-centric communications. Think of those working on a construction site, at a large event, manufacturing plant or a small business requiring instant communications in the field,” said Sonim vice president, Chip Frederking. “The XP3 takes the flip phone to a whole new level with its industrial strength and military-tested design, making it the right solution for those who work in noisy, unpredictable or secure environments.”
XP3 features include:
- Industry-leading, comprehensive 3-year warranty that virtually eliminates the cost of device replacement.
- Built to Sonim Rugged Performance Standards, including MIL-810G and IP-68, to ensure reliable communication even in the most hazardous and extreme environments.
- Global LTE capability to stay connected internationally.
- AT&T EPTT to connect workers and teams rapidly and seamlessly with voice communications—at the push of a button.
- 100 dB+ speaker with noise cancellation to communicate clearly, hear loudly in even the noisiest conditions.
- Large, tactile and glove-friendly PTT button offers instant mistake-free communication when it matters