Provides Quick Connectivity to Cellular, Wi-Fi, GPS, LMR, and Satellite Systems
Austin, Texas (July 20, 2021) — Sonim Technologies (Nasdaq: SONM) announced today a new partnership with leading communications provider, 4K Solutions®, to launch its next generation Mobile Broadband Kit – Elite (MBK-Elite) designed exclusively to support the Sonim XP8 ultra-rugged Android handset.
The MBK-Elite is an all-in-one, portable communication solution that provides emergency and public safety teams with reliable access and connectivity, even in the most dangerous and remote mission-critical situations. The MBK-Elite is human-portable and may be deployed quickly without the need for extensive training or IT experience. The kit comes equipped with four Sonim XP8 handsets provisioned with SonimWare, a comprehensive set of software tools, applications and utilities designed to manage and optimize the mobile ecosystem for maximum productivity, safety and support.
4K Solutions has over 5,000 mobile broadband kits deployed globally, and numerous partnerships with leading manufacturers of cellular, networking, routing and switching technologies, such as Airbus, Cobham, CradlePoint, Cubic, Iridium, Kymeta, Paradigm, Silvus Technologies, Tampa Microwave and Thales.
“We are excited to team up with 4K Solutions to offer a complete critical communications solution that can be tailored to each customer’s demanding requirements,” said John Graff, CMO, Sonim Technologies. “Combining Sonim’s expertise in rugged smartphones with 4K Solutions expertise with mobile broadband kits is a win-win for customers needing a rapid deployment solution for emergency response.”
Following are key features of the MBK-Elite:
- Compatibility with leading Push-to-Talk (PTT) applications
- Mobile operator agnostic
- FirstNet Ready® Cradlepoint wireless router provides a Wireless Wide-Area Network (WAN) that can intelligently route traffic across LTE (two SIMs) or satellite links, and Wi-Fi connectivity for XP8 handsets, PCs, tablets and other equipment
- Optional intelligent failover to reliable satellite enables communication when no other coverage is available.
- Bridge PTToC and LMR communications with the optional interoperability gateway which provides a direct connection for land mobile donor radios, to manage and control LMR communications from XP8 handsets
- Extend coverage and range with optional mesh networks
Visit Sonim MBK-Elite for more information.
Sonim Technologies is a leading U.S. provider of ultra-rugged mobility solutions designed specifically for task workers physically engaged in their work environments, often in mission-critical roles. The Sonim solution includes ultra-rugged mobile phones, a suite