COVID-19 and Sonim
Standing up to COVID-19 with devices that stand up to aggressive disinfecting
Mobile devices can transmit pathogens if not cleaned and disinfected properly. Studies have proven that, even in a hospital environment, over 99% of smartphones are contaminated with potential pathogens*. At Sonim, we’re committed to delivering solutions that support and serve those who serve us — that includes solutions that can be safely sanitized to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
At Sonim, our ultra-rugged mobile devices can be sprayed, submerged and rigorously cleaned in soap and water or even harsh chemicals, like isopropyl alcohol or even bleach, to ensure they are fully disinfected and no pathogens are transferred.
To better understand how Sonim’s chemical-resistance can help you and your team stay safe and healthy on the job, we created this guide to cleaning and disinfecting your Sonim device.
*Journal of Hospital Infection, Vol 104, Issue 2, Feb. 2020
Why is a chemical-resistant device so crucial?
At Sonim, we create solutions that support the essential industries helping our communities through COVID-19. Check out this video to better understand how Sonim’s chemical-resistance can help you and your team stay safe and healthy on the job.
The Sonim Difference
Innovative, ultra-rugged mobile devices when sanitization is critical
Sonim sets the bar for rugged devices, equipping your team with ultra-reliable communication tools that serve their job, health and safety every step of the way.
We designed our devices to be resistant to chemicals, regardless of if exposure happens accidentally or intentionally when you need to wipe, spray or submerge your device with disinfecting solutions, including:
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Bleach (10:1 water:bleach mix recommended)
- Dishwasher detergent or hand soap
- Benzalkonium Chloride
- Acetone and more
Sonim vs. Other Devices
- Clean “gently”
- Do not submerge in cleaning or disinfecting agents
- Do not clean with aerosol sprays or bleach
- Do not spray cleaning agents directly on device
- Aggressively scrub and wipe-down
- Safely submerge in chemical cleaning agents up to 30 minutes
- Use aerosol sprays, bleaches and other abrasive cleaners as needed
- Safe to spray directly on the device
Toughest Performance Standards
Military-rated design and industry-leading Rugged Performance Standards ensures reliable communication even in the most hazardous conditions. Sonim devices are as indestructible as they are invaluable.
The smartphone that’s built to serve, built to last.
Handset communication pushed to the extreme
The flip phone unlike any other
Our Chemical Resistance Testing Standards
Extreme testing for extreme cleaning and disinfecting of mobile devices
Most consumer mobile devices and even “hospital-grade” handheld devices are not resistant to the cleaners and disinfectants commonly used in healthcare settings. But Sonim solutions are.
All Sonim devices undergo a rigorous, four-step chemical-resistance test that includes:
- A layer of chemical agents are applied to the device, such as isopropyl alcohol, bleach/water mix, dishwasher detergent, Benzalkonium Chloride, glass cleaner, acetone, gasoline, etc.
- The chemical is allowed to sit on the device for up to 24 hours.
- The device is put in an oven set at 50°C for two hours.
- The device is thoroughly inspected for any improper operation or damage to any parts.
Rugged Performance Standards
We define the industry’s toughest Performance Standards
Sonim has mobile devices that can endure extreme disinfecting because Sonim sets the bar for how ultra-rugged mobile devices should perform.
And we back it up with a 3-year warranty.
Look to the experts for preventative measures and actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
Sonim is ready to serve.